Friday, January 14, 2011

Chipboard Button Tutorial

Hello friends, Happy Friday to you! Like I promised I have the chipboard button tutorial ready for you, lots of pictures so be prepared!!

I always seem to just but anything I can get my hands on, and this case it was a bunch of chipboard shapes that I know I will not be using them all, at least with the colors these come in and they look so plain!



You will need Distress Paint in different colors to suit your needs, button hole punch (I love this one because both holes get punched at once), Glass finish



I remove the top thin layer of colored paper from the Chip board shape and throw this out.



Next I punch the holes on all of them, I like to mass produce, that way I don't have to be taking my supplies out every time I need a button!



My next step, I give it a nice coat of the distress paint, it looks kind of bumpy but that's ok, don't throw them out this is normal you will see why. (Note: on some cases a bit on the side will begin to curl up, just dab a bit of glue and glue it down)



Once dry I give it a good coat of the glass finish, let that one dry and then give it another one, do you notice on my picture no more bumps? The glass finish took care of this. I have done two different kinds of coats, same white fence distress paint just different glass finish. On the left is Sepia and on the right Clear. I just wanted you to see the difference.



All the chipboard buttons ready to use, if you have some Chipboard shapes that you don't know what to do with them, try this you will love the shabby look!!



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, Have a good day and thanks for visiting!!

12 comments:

Judi said...

GREAT tutorial! I'm off now to try it out!

Hugs
Judi x

Lena said...

Fabulous tutorial and a great idea, Patricia.
TFS!!
Hugs
Lena

sandra said...

So clever!
Thanks for tutorial!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Cathy Spicer said...

What an AWESOME idea!! I have boxes of chipboard shapes I don't know what to do with. This is a great solution!!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome!!! Thank you for showing us this. I'm going to make up some this weekend. I have lots of chipboard laying around!! Ha! Hugs, Rea

GlorV1 said...

I think it's awesome and will have to give it a try. Chipboard? I will have to look that up. Thx for sharing and have a great weekend.

KimberleyG said...

Nice tutorial. I don't have any distress paint or a punch, but I do have some small chipboard. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Het zonnetje in huis said...

Hi Patricia,

Great work !

Greetings, Jaimie

Stacey said...

Fabulous tutorial, they look so professional! ~♥~

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! Thanks for the tut! I am going to try this! ;) hugs, Angela

Mary Lou said...

Thanks so much!! Cool idea and so very easy:)
Hugz

Sonia said...

Hello, Hola Patricia
Gracias por el tutorial!
-Sony

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails