Wednesday, August 3, 2011

MatchBox

Hello I have something cute I made a couple days ago for my friend Rea. This is a matchbox that I altered. I always like to light up scented candles so I always have matches on hand.



I colored Tilda with Distress ReInkers, on watercolor paper. My papers are from Maja Design, these are the Summer line. I didn't add too much to this box, I didn't want to cover up my paper too much, I think you can still see the floral print pretty much.



Just a little bit of stickles on my image and all around the papers with stickles platinum.My flowers are from IamRoses, these got a good load of stickles too!



Do you see the crochet table cover? This was given to me by my 83 year old Grandmother, she is really good with needle work, I have a few other cherished treasures from her that I will share later on with you. Have a great day, I have to get the kids ready for swimming lessons!



Challenges:
MDU: Bingo

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness girl!! You are so very CLEVER!!!! I adore this and your friend will absolutely love it I'm sure!! :) Really gorgeous Tilda and box hun!! TFS!

Kirsty said...

Hi This is so sweet . The floral papers are divine and you have chosen the perfect Tilda for your design. Kitty ;0)

Shazza said...

this is so sweet x

Angie said...

How sweet what a great idea, better than looking at a boring box of matches, love the papers and the image is coloured beautifully
Hugs Angie x

Elin Larsson said...

Very beautiful matchbox :)
Hugs
Elin

Lori said...

This is brilliant, gorgeous colouring and I love your grandmother's table cloth it's stunning, thanks for joining us at MDUC this week!

Cami said...

What a lovely altered match box! This Tilda is so cute and gorgeously colored, Patricia! Rea will love this! I like the gauze you used behind Tilda and all the pretty roses and lace trim. Such a nice gift.
Hugs, Cami

Silvie Z said...

Wonderful project Patricia! The floral papers are really beautiful! Tilda is perfectly colored (as always :-)) And love the crochet table cover under the box made by your Grandmother! I can see you have the crafting thing in your family :-))
Hugs
Silvie
xx

Yvonne said...

Wow, how awesome this is! Love this matchbox. Your creation is stunning.
hugs Yvonne

Ann said...

Oh, it is so precious, I just love it. I can't wait to get it. Thank you my precious friend.

Hazel said...

Wow Patricia - what a great idea and how beautiful has it turned out. Your colouring of Tilda is just delectable and your Grandmother's crochet is amazing - so clever. Looking forward to your next creation and thank you for your lovely comments. Hazel x

Jane said...

This is gorgeous! fabulous colouring! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane x

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining our Magnolia Down Under Bingo Challenge!

Hugs Tanja

Clare Lloyd said...

what a beautiful project. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails